Old 10-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

ps for anyone interested, a good book to start with IMO is The Yeast Syndrome by Walker & Trowbridge. In addition to discussion of Candida overgrowth and related ailments, it also has really good recipes to make the yeast buster diet easier to handle. Takes one through stages of food ie an elimination diet.

We (my family) have consistently found Candida Clear by NOW to be our best acting anti Candida supplement.

anyone who has ever used a lot of antibiotics, or is an alcoholic or binge/heavy drinker, as well as people who eat a lot of refined carbs & sugars really could have candida overgrowth in their GIT., but often the triggers are not so clearly defined.

I was very surprised when my Candida overgrowth was so high, and amazed at the ailments that disappeared when I had gone though the initial elimination and recovery period. I was otherwise relatively healthy for my age, and with an organic and very healthy, balanced diet.

I try to keep an open mind when I begin to hear enough anecdotal evidence of things come in. Conventional medicine and scientific research has it's value, but it does not know everything and often things are discovered "by anecdote" that modern medicine then catches up to later.

I had candidiasis. I was treated for it and got better from an assortment of "ailments" that I had no idea (nor did my PCP , gynie & co ) could be related to candida "yeast" infection.
If any of those things reappear (eg for me they include: IBS, fog-brain headaches,foot pain, back ache) I do a short course of Candida Clear and eliminate any food that candida likes from my diet for about a month, and voila! I begin to feel a lot better!

My son has Tourette Syndrome (with ADD, OCD etc) and Crohn's Disease and he KNOWS when he may have a problem with candida as well because his symptoms ramp up. Again, we treat for candida and things get better........

The proof of the accuracy of diagnosis of an illness & efficiency of a treatment is in the healing IMHO

It is not scientifically accurate, but here is an old time home remedy "spit test" that *may* indicate one has candida "yeast" infection. I have been intrigued though in hearing how frequently showing a +ve spit test seems to corelate with subsequent positive conventional testing. Again, it is not "scientific" or "FDA Approved" but hey! if it can help one feel better, what is a bit of spit in a glass of water

http://www.adhdrelief.com/CandidaTest.html

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (10-19-2013), Doody (10-15-2010), happyisme09 (07-11-2012), Lillib (10-12-2019), nospam (02-15-2014), SloRian (01-11-2015)