View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 05:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
Hello rosiemarie. I am not an expert, nor do I have any formal experience reading MRIs, but basically your report came back normal.

The mild bulging at L4-5 and L5-S1, is just that..... mild. It basically means that the discs in between those vertebrae have popped out a tiny bit, but I doubt that would need any treatment at all.

What would be a problem would be significant bulging of the discs, or spinal canal stenosis (which means the spinal canal is getting squashed). Stenosis of the spinal canal is a surgical emergency because if not treated quickly, could lead to paralysis.

Thank you for replying to my post, the thing is and why Im so confused is because I had an MRI done 2 years ago and was seeing a pain doc and doing physical therapy based on the last MRI. which showed herniated disk , ddd, and spinal canal stenosis. Then I had a emg that showed I had some pinched nerves. I had a couple of epidural injections that seemed to help. I started to have pain in my lags and back more so in the passed six months. I really never stop having pain, it just seem to be better than it was. I began having pain in my right side that wouldnt go away. MRI and Ct showed my right kidney was larger than the left. There was a trace of blood showing up in blood test they done in the office . The reports claims I have Hydropherosis . I had a procedure done where they go in a check the kidney and bladder out with a camera. Long story short. Doc says things look good. The pain in my side is still there. My primary doc thinks I need to get a second opinion . They also said my white counts were too high . He feels there is something going on as well. I have appointments to see another urologist. They treated me with antibiotics. two weeks later after taking the antibiotics I had my blood work done again , my white counts are norm now. ...What Im getting to Im not sure if this pain in my side is coming from the kidney. Maybe its from my back, The pain is in and around my rib cage. At night it hurts more so.....I just dont understand why this MRI is different from the one 2 years ago. does herniated disk heal on there own and become bulging disk later. Below is a copy of my MRI report from 2 years ago. It just dont make sense to me.

DATE OF EXAM: 10-24-08

MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING LUMBAR SPINE.

CLINICAL HISTORY: Low back pain.

TECHNIQUE:Utilizing a 1.5 Tesla magnet, miltiplanar T1 and T2- weighted sequences were performed through the lumbar spine.

FINDINGS: The conus medullaris appears of normal signal and morphology and terminates at the L1-L2 level. The vertebral bodies appear of normal signal, stature, and alignment.

At L4 -L5, there is a mild disc bulging with minimal narrowing of the neural foramina inferior recesses.

At L5-S1, there is posterior central disk herniation mildly impressing on the ventral aspect of the thecal sac. There is mild bilateral neural foraminal stenosis. No definitive neural impingement is identified.

There are bilateral extrarenal pelvises with suspected mild hydronephrosis of the right kidney.

IMPRESSION: 1. L4-L5-and L5-S1 disk disease as detailed above. At L5-S1,
there is central disk herniation minimally effacing the ventral
aspect of the thecal sac without evidence of neural
impingement.
2. Bilateral extrarenal pelvices with suspected moderate
right-sided hydronephrosis. A dedicated ultrasound of the
kidneys is recommended for further assessment.

Any one have any intake on this would be appreciated.
rosiemarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-07-2010)