View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Tyson, Well, I'm not too shy to talk about sexual issues. I am going to be a little explicit, so read accordingly.

http://side-effects.org/prednisone

Of course Pred effects sex drive. It's a hormone. I'm sorry it is affecting you that way. Not fun.

The brain, luckily, is the best aphrodisiac available. Both men and women can have orgasms in their sleep, without any "physical" stimulation. So you may have to do some retraining of your mind (i.e., fantasizing) to help you out. It may not work, however, if your body's hormones are not there to respond.

It's completely NORMAL and that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you. It's worth bringing up to your doctors though.

I hope you are not having ANY sodium while on it. It would also be worth your time to talk to a nutritionist to make sure you have the right balance of electrolytes and nutrition in your diet. It can really affect your body when those things are off.

Taking flax or fish oil daily will help too. Do you take calcium and vitamin D together daily?

That was very brave of you to bring up this topic. Sex is an integral part of good health, particularly mental health!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (10-08-2010)