View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Gaylin? Know the pain, as do many others....

Please check out the 'Peripheral Neuropathy' Forum:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum20.html
Just click on the blue... but before you dive in? Please read the 'stickies' at the top of the forum and a couple to few pages of posts...just so you know where folks are either coming from or going to?
When I'd first had my onset? It went from fingertips and toes to legs and arms. At a fast rate-scary enuf at first? Scarier later on when docs scratch their heads and go: 'Just PN', nothing to be done. In my own case it was an auto-immune reaction started by a bout of pneumonia a few months earlier.
I did not accept the 'nothing to be done', outlook? And went and got second and third plus opinions. I got diagnosed, I was lucky that I fought and followed my instincts.
I DO know your pain! As do soo many others here! But think things out and take 'facts' only from the most reliable of research sources! I cannot underscore this to any degree? Docs once you find the 'good ones'? Will respect you for your efforts to get help and NOT drugs, just good treatments that are with true RESPECT.
I could also say? Rite about now, you just want to SLEEP! And not HURT! I wish that to be so? BUT you are gonna have to get on those doc appt lists and soon! The sooner the better and that can be from 1 week [for filling in a cancellation] to 3 months! Just know? Once you get in the door? YOU ARE IN the door!
Ignore the 'facts' that espouse non academic or NIH or University related researches... They may work for some? But not for 97% of those who try them...and spend heaps of $$ to do so. Your docs to be will be more impressed that you've checked out many reliable sources here in the 'stickies' but...it wouldn't help that you got HELP and DIAGNOSIS here? You just got the tools YOU NEED to know where to go and what to do...
My heart is with you, this pain can be brain-crazy scary at times! And rightfully so. Respect it all and get respected HELP!
Let me & all of us know how you are doing... get on the phone tomorrow?
And expect to be frustrated at first. You'd be surprised? Luck often intervenes and it can do for you what it has done for me! !'s - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dimples1945 (10-08-2010)