View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 08:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Rosie -

When I was still trying to practice law, my neurologist put me on Baclofen. At most, it would have been 40 mg./day. Within no more than a day or two it became clear that I was forgetting too much stuff. Specifically, a computer access code that I had punched in every morning for two years was suddenly "gone." Two days after going off Baclofen, it reappeared.

Now, this may seem trivial, but I was never the most organized guy, and I compensated for it with a good memory, to the point that I could due a week's billings from the top pf my head, not that it represented the best practice (usually because I invariably underestimated the time anything other than something really public like a court hearing or the like would take). But there were other times when I needed a decent short term memory as well, such as when I would have a seemingly incidental telephone call and then - days later - key details that didn't make it into my notes had to be recalled and put down in a sworn statement for submission to a court.

So that when this issue popped up with Baclofen, I just jettisoned it without a second thought.

Now, however, as I sit hear in my quasi-dotage, I can afford to be a little forgetful and am learning how to tell people with no shame that they look very familiar but I just can't place then. (And pray that it's not an administrator form one of my son's schools with whom I met the week before.) Yup, it's down to that. Pride goeth before the fall.

Mike

Last edited by fmichael; 02-14-2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: spelling
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote