View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 01:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I filed in late May 2010. I got a letter about setting up a password about 3 weeks ago. On the back of one of my pages it had a phone number to call for more information. I had to wait on hold for about 20 minutes after wading through the voice mail system, but finally reached a live person. They confirmed I was approved, and also took down all my info for direct deposit. You might give them a call, assuming there is a phone number on your letter, and go ahead and set up your deposit info if that is the way you want to get your checks.

They told me it would be from 30 days to 6 months to get backpay, but the monthly check would be deposited end of Oct. A follow up letter said that they go by your birthday - mine is the 30th, so I have to wait till then to see if it is deposited or not.

When I called, they said that they sent the notice of award that day - and within a week I received it.

Like someone else told me on here - if you have been on COBRA insurance, make a copy of your award letter and call your COBRA representative to ask where to send it to get the extension available to people who are awarded disability. They told me I had to get the letter to them within 60 days. It will extend COBRA benefits. For me, with my date of disability, this was great, as it will end the same month that the SSDI medical would start.

Last edited by daylilyfan; 10-08-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: added punctuation
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote