View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 07:01 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default skype

Grey,

Do you have skype downloaded? To do that you will need a user name. Once that is set-up (instructions are onscreen throughout the set up) you are ready to add contact names and invite them to be one of your contacts. Once you have established mutual contact, you can call each other over the computer free of charge. Start by going to skype.com

I do agree with Rick that a great contact if you don't already have contact with him is Tom Isaacs from England's Cure Parkinson's Trust. He has PD (diagnosed in his 20s) and has done so much for pd advocacy.

Rick also brought up a relevant idea about existing drugs. We all share your frustration at the length of time it takes to produce a new treatment, and there are existing drugs that may help us.

Everything we do is pretty much pioneering so there often is no predecessor to model from. But we envision global participation in advocacy, with someone from, say Scotland keeping up with issues in Scotland, as well as other countries contributing about their situations. We need to investigate certain issues on a global basis. So keeping informed and just sharing it is a start.

For example, i was surprised to see that patients were not allowed in the medical exhibit hall! Is that why they chose Scotland? I loved Scotland but what a convenient law for the doctors and pharmas!

This is just an invite if you are interested. Don't feel pressured or obligated, just hearing from others far away and abroad benefits us all.

Thanks!

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote