View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 09:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default wow!

thanks for bringing up this subject again.It reminded me of where I was 3 years ago, Trying like heck to figure out what I could do to help these awful strange & painful cramps I was having in my left foot every time I tried to exercise on the treadmil. This morning I took stalevo 100mg at 7:30am. Until about 9:45am, I was still stiff and uncomfortable. I didn't have breakfast so I would hopefully turn "on" quicker. At 9:25am the stiffness seemed less of a big deal, cause now the muscles of my legs had tightened so severely I could barely stand it. Finally though, I turned on. During these past 3 years the journey with this has caused the most challenging and painful experiences. The education I've gotten in what little the "experts" know about PD is astounding. My disapointment in certain professionals has at times made me furious and wondering if they really READ the hippocratic oath to "do no harm" On the otherhand, I have been truly blessed by people and yes, doctors, who do care and try very hard to help, but admit they don't have alot of the answers. Actually I think the real experts are we, the people who deal with this everyday. Next month I will hopefully have a decrease in all these symptoms with DBS surgery. Thankyou to all of you for your willingness to help me, your knowledge, your compassion, and for sharing your strength & hope at really horrendous times. I love you for it. Be encouraged! FG
Floridagal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote