Thread: School
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

You know Tyson, I really feel for you in many ways. I personally think you should have delayed college for one or 2 more years, since you are not stabilized yet. So I hope you consider this alternative.

However, many of the kids I knew back then flunked out in the first semester. 1/2 of my entry class in fact. And many from the dorm. None had a serious medical disorder than anyone knew.

College is just plain hard. And for kids with little support, even harder. I had a birth defect to deal with, and money woes, which necessitated working alot to pay for things. Also I had a serious case of mono then too. So I understand pain, fatigue and stress.

College is very stressful! I hope you avail yourself of the college counseling opportunities. Most good schools have free counseling for students, especially freshmen. Many freshmen without medical stresses do poorly their freshman year. And it does not get easier by any means. You might be eligible for a medical leave of absence...so your place could be held for you when you feel better. I'd investigate if that is available to you.

So I wish you the best, and that you will come to a decision that is best for you and your current health.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote