Thread: School
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Tyson, I am so sorry things are not going well. The first two years of college can really suck. Sometimes you have to get a tutor to help you out. That's not cheating! It's like what Mrs. D. said, some teachers are horrid at teaching well. I'm a teacher, so I feel I can comment on that! You have a lot of challenges, far more than healthy students have. Because of that, you have to adapt your life.

I know there are things you don't want to give up but when you have MG, you either have to scale way back or make the decision to give up one thing so that you can excel at another.

I had MG while in college, which I didn't know about at the time. I did not have severe MG. I was always adapting how I did things but it was my normal. Perception is funny, sort of, in that I accepted how I was and made changes accordingly. I had clear cut goals for myself and wasn't going to let friends or partying or whatever get in the way of that. But that's a personal decision that only you can make.

Is this a situation of you wanting to have your cake and eat it too? You aren't normal anymore. You are sick. You are on big drugs that give you even bigger side effects. If you can't get a handle on all of that first, how can you expect to do everything else you want to do?

I'm not being harsh, just realistic. Only you can decide what you can handle or not. I think a good talk with your neurologist and/or internist would help. And go ahead and get a tutor, if you can. Set yourself up for success. You're smart and you can do well!!! It does take a lot of work too though.

I hope you can work this all out.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (10-08-2010)