View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 05:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh gosh, it would be wonderful if she was CURED!!! We can only hope and pray! But I've seen miracles happen ~ my son is a miracle for that matter. He had leukemia as a child - when he was 7 yrs old. That was in 1977 when they didn't know anything about leukemia. He was in an experimental program, because that's basically all they had back then. He took chemo for 3 years, and also had radiation. After 3 years, they took him off his drugs - I was terrified.

I should mention that when he first started taking chemo, they told us he was going to die - that he was "too old" for this kind of cancer - that they liked to see kids from 2-5 because they have the best luck with them. Since my son was 7 yrs old, he would probably die.

Well,he's 40 yrs old now ~ so he's a miracle. And your mother-in-law could very well be a miracle too! Since she's responding so well, it looks good! I'll be praying BIG TIME in hopes that she has many more years to go. God bless and please keep us posted on her progress. And please get some rest??? YOU need it! Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote