Thread: My CRPS
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 09:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My CRPS

Hi my name is Lauri. I found out I had CRPS after a 2nd TKR on my right knee and a long battle with infection. My pain had been getting much worse rather than better after weeks of "healing"... my surgeon immediatly recognized it as CRPS and sent me to PM who quickly confirmed it and sent me to intense PT 5x per week for a month... it was excruciating at best and in the end, I could not continue due to the intensity of the pain.

It has been 7 months now and the original pain in my knee has spread through out my entire right leg. I did have a series of injections in the sympathetic nerve. The first one one gave slight help for a couple of days so we decided to continue with the series of three...by the third injection I was frustrated but there was some relief. Now a month after that last injection I can say I got some relief but I can feel the pain building. I am still on quite a bit of PM med's just to get through the day. Otherwise I can't get out of bed, I walk w/cane and it's just plain miserable.

However, I choose to keep a positive outlook. I do not want this to consume me. Or my life and family's happiness. I suffer daily but I have a good support system that I am thankful for!

I don't know what the future holds. I don't know if this will continue to spread or not. I have to live one day at a time. Moment by moment sometimes.
I have to have my other knee replaced soon and I am very concerned about the possibility of spreading then... I don't know how this works but I am praying it doesn't happen in the other leg as well.

I am thankful for this site where I can read from others who understand what it like to truly suffer every day!

You are all a blessing! Keep strong!
Much love and friendship
Lauri
lauris063 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (10-09-2010), bari.o (10-11-2010), Kakimbo (10-14-2010), loretta (10-09-2010), wswells (10-09-2010)