Thread: Lyrica
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 10:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Shocked Lyrica

Hi everyone,

I have idopathic polyneuropathy effecting large fiber nerves. They came to that conclusion after my skin biopsy came back negative for SFN. My neuro had my on 60mg of Cymbalta in AM and 75mg Lyrica in PM. I still have significant pain but she didn't want to give me anymore meds so she referred me to the Johns Hopkins pain treatment center.

I went there on the 27 and all they did was increase my Lyrica to 300mg "to see how I handle the side effects." I worked my way to 150mg AM & PM last Monday. I didn't help the pain all that much. I went on-line and did some research on side effects. Confusion, loss of balance, speech problem were the ones that I was having but I wanted to give my body a chance to adjust. By Thurs. I was feeling spacey to say the least. I saw my local neuro for a scheduled follow-up on Thurs. I was told not to drive and she reduced the Lyrica in stages. My wife had to come and get me. She said, "You are usually a very intelligent person but the Lyrica has made you stupid." I now understand why she doesn't like to increase Lyrica to much. I should be able to return to work on Monday.

I go back to JH in mid NOV. The doc wanted me back in a month but his first available was 7 1/2 weeks out. Guess we try something else.

Anybody else have problems with Lyrica?
Hermes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote