View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 01:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Is it time for a cane?

Sooo I ate the dirt pretty bad last night...

I noticed when I woke up yesterday my gait was very poor, slammed into every doorway I walked thru.

My boyfriend and I were leaving his house last night to go pick up some nasty McDonald's.. he has a landing under the front door with two small steps that lead into a rocked walkway...

So I went to take a step down and my right leg gives out completely on me, couldn't catch myself, so I went tumbling down the stairs and onto the rock.

It hurt soooo bad and I was about to start bawling but started laughing instead. My poor bf came running over and picked me up, he could tell it really bothered me so he cracked a lil joke 'oops, now all my neighbors think I'm drugging you again'. It helped. But it really bothers me. and I am thinking that my body is not going to be able to keep handling all these falls.

And its ALWAYS the right side, so it's bruised up right now, leg, rib cage, elbow and arm. Im going to end up breaking a freaking bone.

So I am wondering if I should call my neuro and have him send a script for a cane? I really don't want to go that route as I am still rather young, but like I said I don't know how many more falls my body's gonna hold up for.

Does the cane help you out when your limb fails on you? or is it just to maintain balance?
Also, is there a different route I could take other than the cane?
I don't like RX drugs so the walking pill is out of the question for me.

Thanks a bunch!
AynaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (10-10-2010), SallyC (10-09-2010)