Old 10-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn01 View Post
Thanks for helping Kitt,
I have posted them before but not much response back.

Examination revealed absent DTR's on the ankles. Stocking distribution hypoesthesia of both extremeties. High arches in both feet noted.

Summary of findings: No response upon motor stimulation for the the right peroneal nerve. Normal DML's for the right and left posterior tibial nerve. Prolonged DML for the left peroneal nerve. Normal motor NCV for the right posterior tibial nerve. Slow motor NCV's for the left peroneal nerve and left posterior tibial nerve. Normal amplitude of the CMAP's for the right and left posterior tibial nerve. Decreased amplitude of the CMAP for the left peroneal nerve. No response upon sensory stimulation for the right and left peroneal nerve. Normal amplitude of the SNAP's for the right and left sural nerves. Prolonged DSL's for the right and left sural nerves. Slow sensory NCV's for the right and left sural nerves, the left peroneal, and the left and right tibial nerves. "F" waves had prolonged latencies. The waves were absent for the right peroneal nerve. The needle electrode sampling of both lower limbs was normal.

Impression: These nerve conduction studies revealed the presence of a systemic sensory-motor peripheral neuropathy with demyelinating and axonal features. Her EMG was negative for an active radiculpathy.

Recommendations: Her symptoms are likely neuropathic in nature. I will perform a search for treatable causes of peripheral neuropathy. (diabetes, hypothyroidism, vitiamin B12, folate deficiences, paraprotienmias, ect.)

These are the only test's I have had, my lab work came back normal. On my follow-up visit he has listed me idiopathic for now, he said he is not ruling out hereditary or femoral problems at this time. He will repeat the NCV's in July. He said to wait a year from the first NCV's then repeat it.
He told me alot of idiopathic neuropathies resolve on there own.
I first notice symptoms in my right foot a couple of years ago but over the past year I now have symptoms in my left foot and legs, mild tingling and numbness, the weak feeling is what bothers me the most, when things don't feel like there functioning properly. Thanks for your help.
Since the doctor is not ruling out hereditary, it is important to find out if it is or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote