View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 06:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Snorkelswimmer,

Welcome to the forum! There is often a connection between heart problems and seizures. From what you are discribing you maybe having audio seizures and that's where certain sounds will trigger seizures. Along with stress. I can't believe that they won't let you teach anymore that is not right! I've been working in a public school as a Teacher Aide for 25 yrs. and the only problem I had was when I had brain surgery done and my boss complained about me being out of work for 3 wks. for recovery.
I have family that has had triple by pass done as well as valuve replacement done on their heart and each time this happened in my family that person was depressed. Take my word it's all part of the heart surgery.

Before I had the surgery done I had a lot of tests done and my Epileptologist, and Neurosurgeon only found a problem on the right temporal lobe of my brain but when they opened me up for surgery they found 3 different areas in my brain that were triggering seizures. The problem was that the damage was to deep in the brain to pick up with any test and this may be what's going on with you.
My best advice to you is to see an Epileptologist if you are not seeing one yet at an Epilepsy Center which are usually at University Hopsitals and also see a Neuropsychologist who will do tests on you and find out what's going on in detail. These 3 Drs. work together as a team and come to a final conclusion as to what's really happened. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote