Thread: So angry, **.
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi.

I'd just like to add my thoughts today. I believe in getting one's priorities straight. To me, having a roof over my head (especially at my age), is the MOST important thing in my life. Everything else comes second.

The fact that I can put a key into the door, look around at my nice clean apartment that I share with my husband, take off my shoes, pad around on my nice tile floor in my white socks, see that I can turn on my tv and watch any show I want (because I tape everything on my VCR and yes it still works), then I can walk into my kitchen and see what I am growing on my shelves, (that feeds the two of us), see that I have food in the fridge, that I woke up that morning and my heart beat and my lungs inhaled fresh air....

Well, to me, this is more important than any other thing. Anything else I can replace, material stuff is material stuff, but the fact that I have a place to live (and I keep it clean), and food to eat, that I either am able to grow or walk to my neighborhood supermarket and purchase, well to me, this is ALL a blessing. I think of others who not so furtunate. They do NOT have a place to reside. They bottomed out and now are sitting in the street somewhere.

Right now, I am NOT one of those unfortunate people. See, I am a look at the glass as half full kind of person.

I am not the type who says "the world sucks, there is SO much bad stuff going on in the world, oh it's not worth getting up in the morning, there are so many bad people, etc. etc." Well, that is not me.

The fact that I have a place to live, food to eat, air to breathe, clothes on my back and my husband and I have a good marriage, THAT'S ENOUGH FOR ME.

Anything else that happens is a BONUS!!!

I couldn't care less about other stuff that I might not have.

Took me many years to get to this place in my head. I've had my losses just like everyone else. But, to be able to be grateful to wake up and put my hand over my heart and feel that it's beating. To begin my day!!!

THAT'S ENOUGH FOR ME.

I'll say it again, anything else that happens is a BONUS!!!

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (10-10-2010), barbo (10-10-2010), BlueMajo (10-10-2010), Burntmarshmallow (10-10-2010), Doody (10-20-2010), thelonely1 (10-11-2010)