View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 07:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I didn't know what tinnitus was, so I looked it up. It says it is not a disease, but a symptom. I am not sure if this is where you meant to post or not--this is the board for peripheral neuropathy. Is the tinnitus a side effect/symptom of neuropathy or the medications for neuropathy?

Regardless of if this is the right place to post or not, I truly sympathize with you. While I don't have that specific symptom, I do understand how one symptom can take over your life and change everything. For me, one symptom has taken me from a mostly healthy 24 year old college student to someone who is stuck in bed 24/7 with no end (of being bedridden) in sight. One thing can change so much...

It is really hard for those people around us to understand, when they haven't experienced it themselves. Even people have have tinnitus may not be able to fully understand, as they may have a less severe or more severe case than you do. It's hard--nobody on this earth can truly understand, as your symptoms are specific to your individual circumstances--your life.

Have you seen a doctor about this? If not, I would suggest that you do so.

There are a lot of things you can do (in terms of medicine, and eliminating stressors in your life, such as caffeine, loud noises, etc) that can help reduce your symptoms. If you haven't already, I would recommend that you do some searches and see what you can find out about tinnitus and what can be done to treat it. There are many options. Nothing may make it completely go away (though there is a possibility that it could totally disappear), but in most cases, there should be several things that may reduce the symptoms and make it a little easier to live with.

Contrary to how you may feel, your life is not over. You are still a capable, funtioning human being. I understand the annoyance of the symptom... I understand you hate it, and that you feel that it is taking over your life. But, you can do things to treat it... and it will not control your life unless you just "give up" and let it. You can do research and find ways to make it better... and try every option you can find. By the little research I have done, it seems as if it would take years to get to that point, where you have tried every single thing and nothing has worked... and if that is the case, it may just be something that you have to try to live with until more research is done and more options have found.

Do research, get to know ways to make things better, and try anything you are able to to see if your symptoms ease up. Don't give up--no matter how you feel, your life is not over. You are still alive--and that is something to be thankful for.

It may seem like life is over and everything is hopeless, but I can assure you that that is not the case. Keep fighting and trying new things... don't give up and let this symptom "win".

There are a lot of wonderful people on this website that are dealing with all sorts of problems. We are all here to help support you in whatever way we can. If you need any help finding information or doctors in your area, just let us know.

Take care, and know that this is not the end of your life--things will get better someday.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote