View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 09:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I would say to definitely stay out of the heat. Not everyone is heat sensitive, but personally the heat/humidity/long exposures of direct sunlight really messes me up, along with extreme cold. But the heat and humidity are the worse, I can't even take hot showers anymore because when it gets hot and humid in the shower I get dizzy and my right side feels like a huge sandbag.

My right side is obviously affected badly by MS so it seems when I have problems with my legs, it's with the right one. My foot drags sometimes and my leg will get really heavy feeling and sometimes feels like its not even a limb on my body, its weird.

But you really must stop overdoing it. If it is MS and you are overdoing it you are doing alot of damage to your CNS. They aren't kidding when they say don't push. I pushed last summer while playing a game of frisbee golf. It was hot out and we had 3 holes left to the game and a huge hill to walk up, I was losing energy very quickly and something in me told me to stop and sit down, but I didn't I told myself I'd push up the hill and then when I got to the top of the hill I would sit down. BAD IDEA. Halfway up the hill I lost my eyesight and the ability of functioning my right leg. I luckily got everything back, but that was after sitting in the middle of the course until my body cooled down and I went home to rest.

I know the stuff you are experiencing is very scary, especially not knowing for sure what the hell is going on, but try your hardest not to stress because that will only make things worse for you (I know that's so much easier said than done). Plus the thing with MS is it's really random, unpredictable, and there's really no control of it. Which makes it rather scary, but I have found that trying to stay as positive and stress free as possible is the best. It's really scary when a limb stops working or you lose your sight, but don't panic because it usually comes back, might take a couple of minutes, days, weeks, months or even years.

I am still really new to the whole MS thing myself, so we can do this together Everybody here has had experiences to share, they really help lift your spirits!

Hang in there coffeegirl!!!!
AynaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote