View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 09:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb rejuvenated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkell View Post
Sometimes we get lucky in the most unexpected circumstances. Our visit to Scotland offered the opportunity to meet both Americans we had never met but also a nunber of people with and without Parkinson's from all over the world. Personally, my expectations were not only met but exceeded to a point that I could hardly believe my good fortune. We met with like minded people who had goals that coincided with our own and who were as ready and eager as we were to join together, speak with one voice and get this business of a cure done!

It was my very great pleasure to hear Bryn's opening remarks that so eloquently and closely echoed the feelings of the group i had gone there with, that we felt we had a champion speaking for us all. Bravo.

There are so many talented and committed people among us willing to push forward regardless the cost that I know we will succeed. For us, failure is not an option, nor is delay. A collective voice is the key. When we put our egos aside and come together to speak with one voice we cannot help but be heard.

For the first time in a while, I look forward to the future.
I also had a wonderful experience - meeting people, talking, networking -- rejuvenated with new ideas for advocacy and making the patient voice heard.

I encourage all pwp to become advocates and help out however they can.

Jean

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.

Last edited by jeanb; 10-11-2010 at 05:25 AM. Reason: clarity
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote