View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 04:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeba View Post
I was told two years ago I needed fusion. I have now been told by two different neurosurgeons, and more recently I have developed severe groin pain and feel like I have to consicously think to lift my right leg to walk. For a year now I have also felt like I have urinary tract infections and find I don't plus intermittent bowel problems (sphincter does not work well). For quite some time physical therapy worked well, but now I can barely walk a block. Stairs are a challenge, and I am in so much pain I feel I am going to vomit. I have been seeing a pain doctor, and she wants to try a spinal injection this Thursday. I hope it helps. I have read where fusion of L1-L2-L3 is typically not successful. I have bulging at L3-L4 too and no problems at L4-L5 or at L5-S1.

Five years ago I had to have fusion of C4-C5 which helped. I cracked my C5 vertebrae many years before, and when I did the surgery, I was told no choice as I was losing the ability to use my left arm. I have pain in my neck now too due to C5 facet joint arthritis on the left side. Shots don't help so far. I am beside myself.
I have had c3-c4 c4-c5 discetomy 4-1-2010 and I also had l3-l4 l4-l5 discetomy 7-14-2010. I know exactly what you are talking about I had no luck with anything prior to my surgeries and had so many urological problems, they put a nerve stimulator in me at age 29 in 2008. My neurosurgeon could not believe the urologist made such a decision without checking all of my other symptoms beforehand. Hope you get to feeling better.
AnswersNeeded79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote