View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 07:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauris063 View Post
I have RSD in my rt leg... now both of my legs below the knee are burning and hurting... does this mean that my RSD is spreading? I am unsure. How can I tell? What can I do? I am already taking a lot of meds (Morphine, Neurontin, Hydorcodone, Tizanadine...) Any ideas? I really need someone to talk to...
Hi Lauris,

The Burning of RSD. My RSD is upper extremety I do get burning on right thigh and right arm.THis = I'm in a real flare.At this point of my RSD I have been at this for 7 years I don't get that constant burning but I get it if I'm real tired,real stressed, doing to much at work or house work etc. I used to get it constantly in the beginning but after many procedures including ketamine(which really took away the burning almost completely)and as I said before only when things are stressed do I start to feel it again. Medication and rest helps. And believe it or not I use my La Maze Tech. to calm myself down. My husband laughs at me" You never used la maze when we had the kids" , I had 2 c-sections but I have used it so much during procedures, surgeries etc. I quest the concept of the breathing takes your mind off the pain is good for more than just birth.

Try and rest. Hope you feel better. It took me so long to just say to myself everything will me there tomorrow and just try and take care of yourself until it calms down.

I have had a lot of burning over the past 6 months, but here's a little test of how stress does bring on flares. My husband and I have been caring for his very sick mom who has stage 4 lung cancer and she has been living with us. Her home is about an hour or so away from ours & all her doctors are there also so there's a lot of driving back and fourth and to make things worse she has a serious mold issue. So she can't go back home, they say she's in remission but it won't last, she just finished a dreadful round of chemo and would like to go back home. So on top of the illness we are dealing with insurance companies,contractors who want to rip you off. We are in the process of hiring someone to correct the problem my husband and I have the complete responsiblitiy of everything. So yes I would say I am more stressed than normal. And I have 1 college student and a jr. in high school, thank god they are normal teenagers, for the most part, and don't give my husband and I any trouble. I am so proud of them both.

Sorry I tend to ramble...
Good luck ,

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (10-11-2010)