View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 07:22 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I was upset last year, but understood. I am furious this year. My mother has a horrible time making ends meet on her meager check. Her co pays went up, her deductible went up, groceries went up, gas went up, electric/cable/phone went up, her car is in bad need of repair, but she cannot afford a proper repair and keeps using back yard unlicensed folks to "make due" repairs. Her pharmacy co pay went from 12 to 24 dollars per generic prescription, and it was a blistering summer but she kept her ac off most of the time because she cannot afford to run it. What are they thinking?

Me? I am well managed and have a good income as well as my spouse, so I can absorb the hit, but the elderly cant! Also the last raise 3 years ago was completely eaten by the raised cost of Medicare!

and we wonder why seniors are eating cat food! My mom has stopped using the meal plan at the senior center which used to provide a hot meal at lunch time. They raised their price, and cried inflation, and now she cannot afford to eat there.

I wonder about meals on wheels. is that hard to set up?

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jappy (10-11-2010)