View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Thats another thing. My sister is a deadbeat who wont help. My brothers havent spoken to my mom in years, and I am the only one in a position to help. I DO help, but feel burned by the rest of them turning their back on her. Yes she is a large PITA, but I wont allow her to starve to death. I wont allow her to eat cat food. She has SS at $845 per month. A pension of $165 per month after 30 years at General Electric. That makes $1000 even. She pays almost $100 for medicare that is 900, then she pays rent at $400 per month. Thats $500 left. Her phone/cable bill is $99 so thats $400 left. Groceries are about $200 a month (I would never make it) and that leaves $200. Her meds cost her about $275 per month. Now we are under by $75! She hasnt paid the electric bill, nor coughed up a co pay to see the MD or the dentist or eye glasses, or clothes, or gas to get back and forth, or taxes or or insurance! She sits and cries on the 3rd of every month when she finally gets that check, and then realizes its gone before it ever hit the door.

it just makes me mad.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote