View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 02:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mike, My internist at the teaching hosp I am treated at suggested Melatonin. She said use the lowest dose as she knows I am sensitive to medicines. Maybe even half a pill first. She is a well regarded internist with a speciality in alternative medcine. I am lucky to have her. I use acupuncture regularly even before I saw her and am glad I can talk to her about it. It helps stress and sleep and pain and even get a boost with my breathing the day of. One of the first things she showed me were the 2 acupuncture points points about 3 inches above the nipple that she has taught her daughter to use when her asthma kicks in. These points open the chest up. It gives me a sense of control to some degree with tools like this I can use. Of course this is me and I am not a medcial person.

I am aware that there has been some press about melatonin not being recommended for those with autoimmune disease. I sure would check with one of your docs. My doc gave me a list of melatonin that is considered safe and tested. One that I bought is the GNC brand which is on the list. It is true one cant be sure unless you look into it what could be some supplements.
Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpongman View Post
I have a question for you old-timers. I am new at this and I have been on Pred now my vision seems to be gradually coming back. I guess my question is does it return all the sudden or gradually.

It is 4:30 AM and I'm up. Since I have been Pred I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping. I know I need the rest but nothing works. I have 6 more days to go and I may be off Pred.
Mike
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pingpongman (10-11-2010)