Thread: School
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 02:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Tyson, something I realized when I went back to college as the age of 30 was that it was a good thing. REALLY! I had been accepted into a college in Minnesota that was darn hard to get into when I was 18. My fears allowed that to be set aside for a marriage. There are reasons other than health that sure can interfer with college and yes as the ladies said the grades are there forever. My daughter finally elected to drop out for a while when her dad passed away when a reduced load wasnt enough. I had 18 year olds in my class when I was 30 with all this fire. But if you want this you CAN do it another way. I am the poster child for that.

My daughter eventally got the rest of her degree after marrying and just started as the project manager for a successful company here. They sought her out because of her hard work, tenacity and spirit. AS for me I beat out 25 year olds for the job I ended up with because I had other work experience that made me more valuable than a young engineer just out of college.

Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysondouglass View Post
Annie- Thanks for your condolensencs, they mean alot. I did set up a tutor session. Yet at this point i just feel as though im not READY to be in classes like this, my mind isnt ready I dont think.
There are people who drink all night, smoke all day and still get 90's on their tests. I hate that more than anything. Im sick, im abnormal, study, and party yet i do alot of studying and it just doesnt stick.

Im not sure if I can handle it. But what would i do next? What happens? I had this plan when i was a sophomore that I would move to north carolina, get into UNC, become a doctor, and life would be great. My gpa was a 3.6, i did so well on everything, now its all gone to **** to say the least..Not sure how.

Sue- Im sorry you experienced the same thing...it really does suck. Its a feeling that cannot be replicated any other way. I hate the way i have been feeling lately, mentally for sure. I just feel so ****** that my grades are the way they are, and im not getting better.

I had surgery, i did what i was supposed to, yet its still lingering about.

What can i do? ARH! Im going to email the Dean of Students and try to figure something out.

Thanks again
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote