Thread: pain after ACDF
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 06:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Amen Gloria!

I totally agree with you! Anymore I just get livid with PT's. Every time I have gone to one no matter what the problem was, I was usually worse off. There was only one that did a great job for my hip problems. It seems to me and I could be very wrong, but a lot of these PT's are kids just fresh out of school. I am not so sure they know what they need to know when it comes to our conditions. Anyway, I am not a great fan of PT unless they are highly educated and/or specialized. It's just that I have been through the ringer with most of them.

No, we need to follow the instructions of the surgeon. And when mine tells me don't do this, that or the other...I LISTEN! EXCEPT...two weeks ago or so I overdid the housework and irritated the C7 nerve root which was a really dumb thing for me to; thinking I could do it all. I don't know how anyone else feels about this but I personally feel I will never, ever be 100%. So, if that means slow down, stop or find alternate methods of doing things then that is what I have to do. And, yes, it sucks, pardon me, as I am used to getting things done.

Oh, and when my PM gave me the injection he told me, "When the level above is fused, the level below has to take up the torque." Makes sense to me. And I better be careful as I have good discs sandwiched between those fusions!
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote