View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 02:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks I'll check imto Melatonin. Whew just had nice 1 hour nap!
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie59 View Post
Mike, My internist at the teaching hosp I am treated at suggested Melatonin. She said use the lowest dose as she knows I am sensitive to medicines. Maybe even half a pill first. She is a well regarded internist with a speciality in alternative medcine. I am lucky to have her. I use acupuncture regularly even before I saw her and am glad I can talk to her about it. It helps stress and sleep and pain and even get a boost with my breathing the day of. One of the first things she showed me were the 2 acupuncture points points about 3 inches above the nipple that she has taught her daughter to use when her asthma kicks in. These points open the chest up. It gives me a sense of control to some degree with tools like this I can use. Of course this is me and I am not a medcial person.

I am aware that there has been some press about melatonin not being recommended for those with autoimmune disease. I sure would check with one of your docs. My doc gave me a list of melatonin that is considered safe and tested. One that I bought is the GNC brand which is on the list. It is true one cant be sure unless you look into it what could be some supplements.
Annie59
pingpongman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote