View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsav32@yahoo.com View Post
i to am scheduled for 5 day inpatient stay ketamine procedure.not sure what to expect,pretty scared,my wife is totally against me having it done.its just what started out in my foot has totally taken over my body with pain. i get up taking pills, go yo bed taking them,along with the day daily dosage also.going on eight years now.pretty much tried every thing.been black balled by local doctors because of mirenol useage failed a couple of urine test.came up positive. not gonna lie, it really help me sleep at night,tried to smoke,it made the burning worse,but at least you were in a good mood, an you eat,i use to weigh 180 dropped down to 140 with all the meds,the smoking gave me the munchies,made you feel good angot my weight back,along with kept your mind off the pain.the doc, are totally against anything they can't make money off of.since i stopped because of having to find a new doctor,its just pain all the time,really sucks.
Hi bigsav and welcome, Hope you find the compassion and support I have here. Friends here are so willing to share and have a lot of combined education. Know we will be thinking of you during your procedure. Please let us know how it goes when you are up to it. I know there are others considering the 5 day inpatient treatment.
I had the opposite gained over 40 lbs due to meds-3200 mg of neurotin I think the most for spasms, electric shocks etc. I'm working hard to get it off.
I'm not familiar with mirenol, but I have several ways I use for distraction. Music, meditation, visualization, journaling,exercise, reading, just starting a new hobbie-photography, keeping in touch with friends here on NT and friends in my life. I also have been seeing a psychiatrist for 6 years that have helped me with losses we get with RSD and he has been wonderful getting me on the right meds to reduce the pain and be able to sleep. I also belong to a local support group. RSDSA has a place where you put in your zip code and gives you closest support group.
Take care, and hope for the best for you, one of your new friends, loretta with soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote