View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by electdon View Post
Can anyone out there tell me what constitutes a misdianosis/delay of diagnosis
in the treatment of rsd ? I contacted one medical expert and he said that 2 months is reasonable time for misdiagnosis in rsd. Where do they get this information ? I suffered a bad foot injury, had no work restrictions and ultimately lost my job, and wasn't diagnosed until 2 months by HMO. Lack of treatment and physical therapy has resulted in agony and suffering Thanks for your time
Hi electdon, and welcom to NT. I'm not suggesting that you get legal, but most states have a 2 year from injury or 2 years from diagnosis. For me, I wasn't diagnosed for 4 years and I could have taken legal action. I was treated during the 4 years for frozen shoulder and then spread to other frozen shoulder, then spread to a hand. Now have full body and internal.I, of course, didn't have a clue what RSD was or it's future consequences when I was diagnosed. I had gone to another state to see a sports injury group. The good hand Dr. knew in 1 minute.
My mother died due to malpractice and we did sue and won 100% medical compensation and large amount for personal loss. My mother was only 46 and have no regrets on the suit.
But litigation is exhausting and do not always get justice. My daughter is a court reporter-does pre-trial depositions-even malpractice for RSD. She would be the first to say, really take your time to determine if you want to go thru the process.
I also would be first to say, you may have a completely valid case, and the you may fall into a loophole to have the case dropped in middle of trial-for me-it was after 5 days in trial. Technicalities come up out of the blue and end the suit, there is not always justice in a suit.
Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote