View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 11:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauris063 View Post
I have RSD in my rt leg... now both of my legs below the knee are burning and hurting... does this mean that my RSD is spreading? I am unsure. How can I tell? What can I do? I am already taking a lot of meds (Morphine, Neurontin, Hydorcodone, Tizanadine...) Any ideas? I really need someone to talk to...
Hi Lauri, I am so sorry you are having additoinal symptoms. I agree about making an appointment asap. RSD does spread often from one side of body to the other side. Like mentioned, it is so important to be as calm as possible. A very wise Dr. once told me the importance of learning to cope with stress. I've twice in my life had therapy, once with the death of my parents-grief and loss and again 6 years ago for coping with the losses and pain of RSD. I've had RSD 15 years and now full body, generalized and internal. This psychiatrist, neurologist, internist, pharmacologist, yes, same man, has been a gift.
Yes, I take hydrocodone and other meds, but I also use relaxation methods, meditation, exercise, music, visualization, anything I can to calm me and keep life as low stress as possible. My Dr. is conservative on pain meds, and I take anti=anxiety med-lorazepam that lowers nerve pain. sleeping pill -10 hrs a night helps with pain. anti-depressant also helps with nerve pain.
Physical Therapy has helped many of us to keep mobile. Also desensitization was extremely important. Massage Therapy was sometime that really helped me regain range of motion and I still use. HBOT is something that has helped some. Biofeedback, learning to identify body stress and counter it with relaxaton methods.
My Dr. thinks highly of ketamine and is working on a ketamine, lidocaine, anti-inflammatories cream with compounding pharmacist.
Did I give you website rsdrx.com puzzles list Dr. Hooshmand practiced 40 years in Florida -RSD- now retired, but website still up and excellent. The puzzles are questions with his answers.
Keep us up to date. NT also has private message available. You can push on upper right hand corner 'Your Notifications' and then on left side
private message- then put in name of person and type private message.
Take care, loretta with soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote