View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 03:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy View Post
This is something I need to look into. I was hurt on the job and also received a lump sum that I had to put in the bank. My understanding is I have to use this money before using Medicare. What I wonder is I am also still under my wife's insurance. They pay for all of my psych appointmets. I haven't had any issues with my knee. Do I use my wife's insurance if I need anymore knee surgeries or appointments. also what if there are no more issues with my knee who gets this money. It is close to $13,000. I would hate to lose it.
If the work injury was to your knee, then you save that money for future care for your knee. If you never need more care to your knee, when you pass away, that money goes to your next of kin or whomever you name in your will.

If you are already receiving SSI, I am surprised that they haven't counted that money as a resource if it's just sitting in a regular bank account. Did your Allsup lawyer who handled your SSDI application also manage the WC set aside and your SSI application ?

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote