View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I use Neutrogena, massaging it into my scalp, leaving it there and concentrating on other body parts. I let it work some, then I rinse well and condition my hair that runs down my back (older hair) which requires conditioners, avoiding scalp area, which produces oil it self. Because I need DH's help to wheel me into shower (Luckily he could build wheelchair access shower for me in a chair) and transfer me to shower chair I now take less showers, but for my dry hair and skin, this is good. Both look better (for my age). But I've never had greasy hair or skin in my life. My big sister started me on skin lotion when I was 12. I get a weird excema/rash thing behind one knee, but extend leg to allow air to freely circulate on it. Helps. Will discuss with doctor next time I go. Don't pick/poke at anything. Like your Mom told you , you'll only make it worse. I once worked in a psychiatric ward and saw the damage a patient did to herself with picking at her skin. Keeps my hands away. I have a hair/scalp scrubber thing which helps me greatly (I only have use of on hand. I scrub my scalp, but never threaten the integrity of my skin (never scrub TOO hard and cause breakage in skin cover). Skin is there as a protection. Respect it.
kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote