Old 02-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

hiya mrsD

glad you are going to get into the Rutherford sagas.....they are deep and take a while to read, but I just love Rutherford's intricate style of weaving fiction and history together

The Forest, although a stand alone historical novel, was written after Sarum (his first novel) and altho it doesnt exactly "follow on" it is a continuation of a theme

Of all his books I think I loved Sarum best, possibly because that is a part of England I have always found fascinating and enjoyed visiting, plus the history of that period (the book covers 10000 years from stone age to contemporary)
Sarum was the ancient name for what is known today as Salisbury, ancient home of the druids, Stonehenge etc

His novel, London, was another I read with eagerness, as I have a very special affection for London and lived there many years. Learning about the origins and growth of that wonderful city was a treat.

Russka is fascinating too and taught me so much as my knowledge of Russian history was almost non-existant

and now I am relishing the Dublin Saga part 1: The Princes of Ireland and then will likely devour part2: The Rebels of Ireland

Of all reading, historical novels have always been #1 on my list

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote