View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 09:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default 1 Week Post Op ACDF

Well, 1 week ago I was under the knife for C4-5 & C5-6 ACDF with Atlantis plate. Thought an update was in order.

All in all, I think I am making pretty good progress, and if I am honest, any problems I am having are likely due more to my pushing myself too much than the surgery itself.

I am taking half of a Vicodin tablet every 6 hours, and 1 Robaxin for muscle relaxation every 6 hours as well. I am up, dressed, and working on computer 4- 6 hours per day, with frequent breaks. Sore throat is better, though still a little problematic, and swallowing is improving, though I also need to be careful there. All but one of the Steri Strips have dropped off, so incision is doing better.

Other than throat/swallowing, biggest issue is muscle pain/spasm at base of neck and across shoulders and mid back. Part of it I know is being up and around all day, and it just gets fatigued, and part due to not being able to move neck very much. I am not in a collar, though I tried using my soft collar in bed last night, as sleeping is still a challenge -- trying to find a position that allows me to not feel like I have been hit by a truck when I wake up.

So, I really have no reason to complain. No follow up with my NS until 3/15, so no driving until then, but otherwise things are equal or better than what I expected.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Jeff
OhioGolfer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote