View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Thumbs up oohhhhh...

I'll have to get Sarum first. I love the period as well.

I've done some "dolman" drawings even! I love the Stonehenge shows on
Discovery etc too! I betcha, Chemar, that you like Loreena McKennitt's music? We have all of her albums.
Some of her new things I can picture her at the "stones"...

The druids and the nature themes, resonate with me too. I'll have to look online at our library to see if it is there.

If these are so complex....maybe I should buy the paperbacks and take on
vacation? I do alot of reading there! And with my rock gardens etc...it is a nice match.

We call these big books --Marjorie books--- since a cousin of ours (who is over 100 now) used to bring them up there and pass them around. Big Books!
Like The Autobiography of Henry VIII, etc. That one was really good BTW.

Shadow of the Wind was very satisfying. Simple and complex at the same time. Beneath the story line is complex morality/good vs evil/devotion/obsession etc. Some sentences in it are basically just poetic! It starts off with a little boy narrating and moves up around a "mystery" concerning a book and its author, and becomes very complex. So I am very glad Lara recommended it. I don't think I would have found it myself.

If you like Stonehenge, Chemar-- have you read Pillars of the Sky, by Cecelia Holland? (who is from my home state). I ran into a gal at a city park once, she saw me stealing empty birds' nests out of trees. (at one time I was doing large complex nest drawings--had them in a show and won a prize). I thought she was going to pull a scold on me, but instead we hit it off and she gave me the book suggestion! I've read it twice, over the years. Cecelia Holland does other historical fiction too.

I am looking at Sarum now on Amazon... looks like it should be first--I agree.
I love archeology.. If I had to do my life over, that is what I'd be..an
archeologist..I love finding out answers!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote