View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 03:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hoping this is not dead

This forum is actually very awesome to me. I was here to find more about spontaneous/post operative Cerebrospinal fluid loss for my mother in law. Went off on my "squirrel" Hunt after seeing threads that reflected my life.

Having worked and trained in medicine for many years, I have attacked the issues on my own. From my children having lost the father they knew, to my wife having to become the provider for our family (psychological castration) and adapting to my "new life"

Having suffered 4 TBI's one of which was in the emotional center of my brain I understand to an extreme degree the purpose and direction of this post. With the CSF leakage, Hypersensitive ear, Body and Head Pain, Medication, Nerve damage w associated pain, parathesia, and nerves re-wiring to unrelated nerve fibers, I have retrained myself like a 2-4 year old would.

The tantrums,outbursts,rage are a fact, for awhile, if you have them. Me and my family have termed them daddy's terets. I have worked on these like you would with a child, contain the damage and learn from it. Figure out as best as you can, those that you can desensitize "stop feeling IT" and those that you are stuck with "will always hurt or illicit rage". Those you are stuck with you can learn to react a little differently so your response is not as severe.

The common recovery for TBI's is 18-24 months for the Brain. The emotional recovery "average" is 4-5 years. Now having said that it is ALL BS. It is related to your motivation and EFFORT. Every single physician I have had has said "WOW" or "I'm surprised" about my physical recovery and I have had 15+ physicians. Not a Single one has remarked more than "expected" and "not sure" about the mental recovery. I'm not sure they know what to expect and It is a painfully slow process.

They have to medicate me to get up, go down, and level out in between. I HATE pills. Two attempts to stop them on two different regimes taught me a valuable lesson just short of being hospitalized due to the complications. I have OCD thank god for the ADD to help with that.

I am the poster child, basket case. I have a lifetime Nurse case manager. I can not be tasked with the responsibility of my own medical care.

Thanx for the opportunity to share, accident has been long enough ago for every friend and associate to move on. Working on a new social structure but it is proving difficult.

My ocular damage has been pushed too far. Oh 1600 meds are past due. Thank god for caring kids
Gibson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote