View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 04:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I have had the cervial surgery

I have had two different surgery's now. First was 2 1/2 years ago, C6 & C7, the fusion didn't take very well my Dr said. We used my own hip bone because it is supposed to fuse better than using somebody else's bone. Well my hip is numb as you know what, you can put cold or hot on it and I couldn't tell you what temp it is.

I had another one done this past May for C5 & C6, and he said he would drill out what started to fuse from the 1st surgery....well I do have to say from both surgery's I am better but I still have massive numbness when I sleep, I can't put my head down for more than 30 seconds without it hurting really bad. I still have muscle spasms in my shoulders and still have pain in my elbows.

SOOOO do I say have surgery, well it depends on how much pain or how uncomfortable you are now. Just beware that you might have different systems after the surgery, so which is worse I ask myself. I say the symptoms before the surgery were worse.

I also have Fibro so that kicks my butt I have RLS which the pills do help with and my arms are so weak it drives me nuts.

My question now is because I have had savior nerve damage will surgery really take care of all my numbness??? NO it won't, that's my opinion.

I have had two Dr's only one has done both surgeries, i went to the second one for a second opinion before the 2nd surgery. He said he couldn't do anything for me, he was a NS, my actual surgery Dr is an Ortho; he is the best in my area.

But I really want to know is there anything else I can do? I'm only 39 and feel like I am 89.
Luci is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote