View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 04:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Opinion

Having suffered TBI's and an inner ear canalysis. I had two types of Dizziness. The TBI produced a general feeling of vertigo that was worse with exertion. The second was positional and severe. I got to the point I could duplicate it at will when I turned my head a certain direction from rest. With therapy movements from a balance disorder physician "local medical school professor" and a treatment to remove the particles from my inner ear the second problem abated over 4-6 months.

Most PCS is undiagnosed. It doesn't show on the MRI so it didn't happen. You do not have to bleed to have damage. Look at Muhammad Ali. He never had a bleed and his MRI is "fairly" normal. He has MASSIVE PCS and trauma induced Parkinson's. They call it punch drunk.

Your brain is trying to tell you to rest. I had a second "issue" we will call it, and what would have been a "non incident to most" put me on the couch for 5 days. My wife made me go to the hospital day 2 cause my hand writing changed as did my speech. MRI and hours later we were sent home "No New Bleed". The sheet we were given with 13 symptoms to return for, nine (9) of them were why I let her take me in the first place. I was taken aback by her disgust with the physicians, I had expected the outcome. I was concerned I might actually have a new bleed. The MRI was my only desire. After a few years, I realized 50% of physicians are complete IDIOTS, 25% are ruled by kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies, 15% have blinders on, and 10% are awesome.

I worked in hospitals. When a Physician needs to know your type of insurance before they agree to see you. He is focused on if and how much he will get paid. We had one called Dr. Paycheck.

Rattling your brain, causes severe fatigue to protect you. Ever heard of a KO in boxing? Have you ever had a sore spot that didn't bruise but still hurt like $%^& for a week or so. Your brain is more fragile than your body.

TMI The short of it. If you experience the symptoms of PCS after a blow to the head "YOU HAVE PCS". The severity or degree and expectancy of life long implications can be drawn by whether you had a detectable bleed or not.

I wish you the best. and REALLY REALLY hope you will STOP and NOT opt. to just slow down. You unlike me can have a complete recovery..
Gibson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote