View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 08:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lyrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess18 View Post
Well, it has been a very long year and a half. It began last June and took months before I was diagnosed with pudendal neuralgia. I now take Gabapentin 3300mg,Elavil 50, and Valium 20mg to manage that.
Since last Novemeber, I have had one symptom after another:
tendonitis 2xs, ankle tendonitis, costochondritis, bursitis in hips, morning stiffness where my feet joints hurt and my muscles feel like they were wound up in the back of my thighs. some other symptoms, but the worst has been the last 4 months with the pain from the lower half of my body down. I had pain in the buttocks, but it has lessened some. The worst is the 4 months of leg pain 24/7 eminating from the back of my thighs down to my feet. The pain is bad.
I went from dr to dr and all it was treating the various symptoms as they occured. Husband and I went to the Mayo clinc and it was amazing.
They did every possible test. I have had a spine xray ( normal SI joints), MRI ( fibroid I need to speak to gyne about), but mainly 2 pages of bloodwork that checked all: connective tissue diseases: lupus, scleroderma, srjgrones, mixed connective tissue etc, A-ANCA, P-ANCA tests specific scary vasculitides..Lyme disease panel, infection, thyroid, hormones, cholesterol, hdl, ldl, anything you can think of. I was mainly worried of the vasculitis and the autoimmune disease. They did ANA test negative as well. ALL of the bloodwork was negative. They did an EMG/Nerve conduction that was normal, no neuropathy in my legs. Met with the Neurologist no neuro symptoms. The did a vascular ultrasound: normal, no vasculitis.
SOrry this is so long. ... I have Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome. My rheumy thinks it could evolve into Fibro. But that was the diagnosis from the Mayo. So now, of course the pain is the same as it was as before we went, but now I know what is causing it. Honestly, I feel like a wind up doll with my legmuscles in the morning they hurt so badly.
The next step is Pain Management, and I am tryig to go through their Pain Managment program. My question is:
If you have Fibro or Myofasical Pain Syndrome what do you do for Pain?
My PCP before my diagnosis who was treating my symptoms, raised my Oxycontin to 40mg. It doesnt do much if anything for this leg pain.

I take hot baths, use heating pads those kind of things, relaxation tapes... but I need more pain control. Ideas please!! I cant have this kind of leg pain.
I stretch too. I use epson salts. I think I am going to ask for Savella and see if that works. Otherwise I may try Cymbalta. please help. thanks jess
Have you tried Lyrica yet? Also, does icing the pain sites help at all? Have you tried applying cooling pain patches on your legs that contain menthol or camphor? How about applying a capsicum cream to your legs?
Elizabeth M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote