View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 10:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I wonder how to explain to Addy and everyone else that while this may be a bit of depression going on, I am not depressed... not always, not usually, not normally. That's all I am trying to convey--the last three weeks have been very difficult because some horrible things have happened within my immediate family--medical problems including a surgery and a horrible addiction, a car accident, flooded basement (twice), severe pain, fights, emotional pain, major financial problems (such as having $700 worth of bills due for October and absolutely no money), etc etc etc. I'm not afraid to admit I'm depressed or ashamed of it... or anything like that. I struggled greatly with depression back in high school. BUT.. this is not clinical depression where I always feel down or hopeless or struggle.. this is very much based on circumstances and will pass. It may still be depression--I don't know. That's what I am wondering.. what to call it.. depression is usually a lasting thing.. and this is circumstantial. I don't really care what it is called, but it's hard to explain to people that I do not struggle with depression not even a little bit... except all these things are going on right now and they are tough. I don't necessarily think that going through major hardships equal depression.. just tough times.

I wonder if the girls that came with the Bible study tonight took anything I said and pondered it.. if it made any kind of difference in their lives. I may never know, but I do wonder...

I wonder what I will do if my mom goes away for a month or more, since I am unable to care for my most basic needs.

I wonder if BMW has come and gone... I tried to get on sooner, but the girls just left a few minutes ago.

I wonder why my back pain chose today to flair up. I haven't had this much back pain in well over a year.. and I can't stand up straight. Ow.

I wonder why it has taken me an hour to write this--oh wait, I KNOW why! Phone calls, checking on my mom, text messages, MSN conversations.... haha

I wonder if I dare say that tomorrow will have to be better than today... because everytime I say that lately it has not been true.. but I truly think there is a tiny bit of light at the end of this tunnel..

I wonder if I can say thank you to all the wonderful people here.. and give them s for caring so much.

I wonder how soon I can go to bed! zzzzz

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (10-12-2010), Alffe (10-13-2010), barbo (10-13-2010), wishnomore (10-13-2010)