View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 01:27 AM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
I'd love to hear from anyone that has had to go this far. I've been denied at initial, recon and ALJ hearing. I did have an attorney at the hearing stage, but he sent his young and very inexperienced associate, said he sent him because he thought my case was a 'slam dunk'. NOT. I've gotten over my anger about this, but am again waiting, waiting, waiting. It's been about 3-4 months since my appeal has been filed. I've even contacted my congressman, who was very happy to help, and just sent my signed form and info back to him about 3 weeks ago.

Anyone else go through all of this? If you're in Wisconsin, that would be even better, but I'd love to hear from anyone. Thank you!
Did your attorney send you a copy of your denial? It should have been a very detailed explanation. It should explain why you were denied, with legal as well as medical reasons you were denied. The ones I read have had what was said at the hearing and the ALJ opinions.
They usually go through the five guidance steps and at what steps you prevailed and where you failed. I have found some of these briefs to be so controversial. I even found someone else's medical records were mixed in with my clients. With the two I did, I found numerous mistakes, then I read that the briefs are written by paralegals. I'm a paralegal myself but I would have been embarrassed to hand in something with some many contradictions and mistakes. They had wrong dates, missing doctors, wrong patients. I won both cases buts it's such a hassle and should have never been denied. It just ended up costing SSDI more money, and my client more time without benefits. I really hope I don't have to do another one.
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote