View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 01:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariah_Simank View Post
Hello,
My name is Mariah and I just turned 16. I’ve had RSD in my left Arm since April. We've tried just about every Treatement in the book, but with no change in the horrible pain. I was thinking... maybe if we got like a brace for the arm (elbow down) and I wore it on the arm it could help desensitize it, because as of right now it has had no movement since the injury. However, the arm can’t even be touched without sever pain so I would have to work my way towards this. Let me know what yall think!!
Hi Mariah,

Welcome! I also have RSD from a elbow injury and went through at least 5 or 6 braces. If you have injury to your elbow or below you should consult with a orthopedic/hand surgeon before trying any braces or splint etc. Hand surgeons study from the elbow down and are the doctors that helped me. My problems was in my elbow and a very serious problem and a lot of pain so I can totally understand how you feel.

When I got hurt I was told that I had some 1 in a million situation occur and there was only about 5 doctors in the country who could fix it correctly. Actually one was is in Texas. I had absolutly no range of motion in my arm, after much treatment I would say I have about 90% range of motion which has stayed for 4 years. I stuggle with endurance, meaning I can't push a vaccum for more than 5 minutes, or sweep more than 20 strokes. But at least I can move my arm instead of it being stiff, which was unbelievably uncomfortable. I

I live on the east coast and my doctor is 2 hours away in NYC. But the doctor I mentioned above was in TX, I believe in San Antonio. If you are interested have your parents or guardian get on and I will be more than glad to give them the information.

I hope this helps. And keep the faith. I can relate to a arm issue it's just terrible.

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote