View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 11:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had a similar problem with L-dopa (Sinemet). After stopping Mirapex (side effects, but it worked well for me for 8 years), I began Sinemet (25/100 3x daily). I tried this for 4 months because it seemed to drs. that I was under-medicated in terms of dopamine). I tried to take the Sinemet, but the more I took, the worse the side effects became. The dystonia (twisting leg & foot) became worse 45--60 minutes after taking the Sinemet .(I also had dyskinesa from time to time). Eventually that would stop, but often repeated itself after the noon pill & evening meds.
With my drs. agreement, I tapered off the Sinemet and was off it for about 3--4 months. I had very little dystonia, but a fair amount of weakness when I walked, etc.
When I (& dr.) decided to resume it, I took 1/4 of a tablet once a day for several weeks. I next took 1/4 tab two times a day. I'm currently taking 1/4 tab three or four times a day. If I take more, the dystonia and dyskinesia set in.
The amount of meds one takes seems very individual and a lot of it is just very much "trial & error". It also seems to require thinking about side effects---ones you can tolerate, etc.
Good luck with the dosage!
Mari-Mari
Mari-Mari is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote