View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 11:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, I too find it interesting that no one has responded with feedback on chiropractic care or acupuncture. I can only assume that people are not trying these options. I can hardly blame those in severe pain for not wanting anyone to touch or manipulate their head. I myself have been unable to bring myself to get a cavity filled, despite wonderful advice I've received here.

I found a wonderful chiropractor years ago after reading about his practice in the local paper. I also took advantage of a free eval. This was for my back. I LOVE this guy. I had not seen him in 6 months because my back is holding up nicely. Anyway, I saw him on Monday about the TN.

He has ordered an x-ray of my neck. He said that sometimes the problem can originate in a vertebrae in the neck. But, he offered no promises. If the x-ray shows no compression there, he won't be able to help. I have to say that I was disappointed. I thought my chiro believed that everything is related to the spine--he has always given me that impression. I was set to hear that he could fix this and get me off of this medication that I hate. I don't think that I would have been 100% convinced, but I would have been 100% hopeful.

I'll keep you all posted. Scoopy, please let us know how your consult goes. Oh, Scoopy, one more thing. I had horrible back pain for years. My chiro was able to rein it in to a degree, but I later found that I had an underlying condition which was causing persistent inflammation. Spinal manipulation couldn't touch that. Perhaps, the source of your back pain is not in the alignment of your spine. Just a thought.

Bluemom
bluemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (10-13-2010)