View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 07:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown 2cm Syrinx and no help...

I was on vicodin and muscle relaxers for the last 2 yrs because of burning/sharp pains in my neck and shoulder blades. Some days I can't even move my head. So my FMD finally orders an MRI and it shows degenerative disk disease, 3 herniated disks impinging on the thecal sac, and a 2 cm syrinx. The pain has gotten so bad, I sit and cry most days. Calling off work so often, I am surprised I haven't been fired yet. So I go to a neurosurgeon because now I have trouble walking, and she tells me I am not a candidate for surgery. The Syrinx is not causing the pain, numbness, headaches, nausea and slurred speech. So I go to another doctor who prescribes therapy, injections in my neck, and neurontin. No one will give me anything for pain and I feel like a complete waste to my husband and 3 children. I live in PA and can't seem to find any doctors who understand this condition. Everyone I talk to medically make me feel like it is just degenerative pain. No one has even said Syringomyelia. Do doctors just not know what it is or am I making it worse than it is. Help please, before I crawl out of my skin....
wfessler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote