View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hey Gabby,

I agree on having the right Drs. You just keep going until you find that right one. I was lucky to have a good Ortho which I saw 2 before I got him, I have a good hand surgeon, a good Neuro, a great PCP, and none of them came the first time around. I saw several lousy ones before I found these.

I spent almost 4 years in PT and that helped me a lot but I did figure out the surgeries had to come too. I found that a Dr has to be gutsy and be willing to do what he has to do to help you. I ran up on many that seemed hesitant to me. This last surgeon I had, it took me about 7 years and that many Drs. before he did this pelvic surgery. He spent time with me was very religous, very nice man. He couldn't believe I was left this way for 7 years. He told my Dr. as much when he came out to talk to her at the hospital.

I'm very picky about my Drs. I want Drs. that are human as well as Drs.

I hope the surgeries you have had have helped give you some relief. I have been very lucky with mine. I've had blocks also to help with keeping the RSD from flaring.

Mariah, I hope you get the help you need with the RSD and the arm. Therapy is not going to help if you have something else going on in the arm that needs to be repaired. Pain meds didn't do anything for my arm and hand problems and PT helped but left me knowing what else needed to be done.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gabbycakes (10-15-2010)