View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 10:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I took a little extra testosterone since year started, keeping my level above 1000. I started spring by pushing wheelchair more and more to where after a few weeks I was no longer tired when I got home. In the begining, when I got home id be dead tired. After 1 month I got use to it and was able to do curls ect. after pushing chair. I did 24 miles total May thru June. That was great headstart for endurance. Pool started June 2nd. 5 laps in pool at first had me dead tired and slept like a baby. Monday i did 20 laps and I wasnt even tired. Ampyra started mid pool season I believe (its in my amyra thread) and took it 2x/day but cut it to 1x/day after a week cause I couldnt sleep. I take it once every morning since.

My MS is still progressing rapidly (feeling is going away in what I have left) but the strength is there go figure. I cut back on the testosterone because ive been having sweat issues if i dont get out of my wheelchair by 4-6pm. Stopped prozac to see if that was doing it. No idea. Getting testosterone & Vit D checked today. I also took a few months back 2000iu x4/day of Vit D which had my level at 110. B12 500mcg Ive been taking for 2-3 yrs which also speeds you up in the morning (trust me and get it). I don't drink coffee (too lazy lol) and also take a B100.

Attitude plays a major role. Either sit around and say woe is me, or get off your *** and start pushing those muscles. You'll build tolerance. I drink 1 boost high protein (15g) and take protein powder. I also take Lysine 3000mg, fish oil 3000mg with the boost. Lysine's 1 of the 4 ingredients in copaxone. Like nike - just do it!

btw - womans testosterone level is about 1/10 - 1/8 of a mans. 70 is upper range for women I believe.
EddieF is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote