View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 11:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thymectomy and medications

I had a Thymectomy 4 weeks ago today, and for the most part, I am doing fine. The tumor was benign and I have been released from my surgeons care.

Here's the problem: My vision was a real problem before the surgery, (seeing double almost all the time), but right after surgery, I could see great! Now at 4 weeks out, I am noticing that my vision, (although not seeing double), is more like my eyes sometimes aren't working together. I called my neurologist and he wanted me to up my dose of the Pyridostigmine from 1/2 of a 60MG tablet with breakfast and lunch, to a whole table with all three meals. I have read online at several sites that taking too much of this medicine can make the symptoms worse? So, I'm not taking any of the medicine today, and so far I can see well. Does anyone else have experience with taking less or NO medicine and doing better after this kind of surgery? I actually have an appointment tomorrow with a neurologist ophthalmologist to rule out that my eyes aren't just needing some kind of adjustment, via my glasses, etc.
lolligrump is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote