View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 03:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Hadleybay,

I've taken both of these AED's (anti epileptic drugs) and neither of them helped me. I've had epilespy for 38 yrs. and tried many AED's but after a DNA test I found out that I was drug resistant. Lamictal caused me to break out with a rash and zonegran didn't help my sz. at all.
When it comes to depressed feeling a lot of that has to do with the epilepsy itself not to mention the AED a person takes. I've found that taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day along with eating nuts of any kind has reduced my sz. and I'm now taking fewer AED's. Also take note of what the weather is like when you are feeling depressed. They have found that sometimes winter weather and less sunlight or bright light causes depression as well as seizures for some people. I know each yr. around fall and winter I have many more sz. and my Epileptologist told me it's do to less seriton this time of year. Try to keep yourself active so you have less time on your hands to think or feel depressed. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote